The banana loaf is one of my all-time favourite cakes and I've just learnt how to bake it. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!
- 250g of plain flour
- 1 tsp of bicarb
- A pinch of salt
- 115g of butter
- 115g of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 450g of banana
- 2 tbsp of clear honey
- Preheat the oven to 170C/fan 150C/gas 5 and grease a small loaf tin.
- Combine the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar until pale. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then the bananas and the honey.
- Stir banana mixture into the flour mixture, combining until moist.
- Bake for one hour or until a cake tester comes out of the cake clean.
- Leave to stand in the tin for at least 10 minutes before turning out on to a cooling rack and allowing to stand until cool.